Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Toddler Time


On Monday, Sybella and I attended her first Toddler Time class. We had fun! She enjoyed herself so much. There are about 8 kids in the group.

Since I worked when the other kids were little, I have attended Mom's Groups, playgroups, soccer camps, summer camps, and Library reading times BUT, I have never attended a structured "class" for 2-year-olds. It was a new experience: lots of songs, obstacle courses, bubbles, balloons, music instruments, puppets, & bean bags (along with Total Parent Participation). I felt a bit weird and silly, probably the structured & serious part of my personality...however, then I thought, "My mom did this stuff when I was little, and she LOVED it, I'm quite sure." So, I smiled and knew that I will get used to it. Abandoning the serious part of my personality (in a group setting) for a little while and feeling silly is a "minor" in the big picture of wanting to be a part of my kids lives!

No comments: