Sunday, December 23, 2007

Thank You in 2007

Today I was enjoying a message from Mark Batterson on 'Joy'...first I loved how engaged the boys were with the message. They usually don't sit with me but being Christmas weekend we had a change in venue. We were talking about how easy it is to come up with 3 things that went wrong; even on the best of days. How often we forget to be thankful and when we are thankful, how quick we are to generalize the great blessings. So I wanted to take two minutes and challenge everyone to make a list of things in 2007 they are grateful for. Make a list of 100 or more so that you are forced to get specific. Here is the start of my list:

1. Help in packing/moving to DC & help unpacking on this end
2. My Honda - 230,000 miles and still going
3. Two new employee hires in DC
4. Grace from those in authority over me
5. My wife's support and understanding in multiple areas
6. Sybella sleeping through the night during the 1st six months
7. The opportunity to visit friends in Kentucky
8. Sharon's new ring and my new car
9. Benign tumors
10. Great elementary school for the boys in Vienna

Remember, our focus determines our reality. J. Todd Ferrier said, "We are what we think; as we desire so do we become! By our thoughts, desires, and habits, we either ascend to the full divine dignity of our nature, or we descend to suffer and learn."

No comments: