Friday, April 24, 2009
Time to Have Some FUN!
My recent Facebook Status: "contracted all night. Now, no contractions, no baby, no sleep. Doctor's appt this afternoon." The next day's Facebook Status: "slept great- amazing how well you can sleep when you are not contracting! Seriously, I feel wonderful; I have just never had: every 3rd night, all night, false labor. This is new---guess the 4th child has to be different somehow. ;)"
NOW, I have slept really well 2 days in a row and I am 100% back to my completely happy pregnant person attitude. I have to admit it was very strange for me to be so discouraged and frustrated; amazing what sleep deprivation does to you. I had experienced 4 or 5 nights in 9 days with little or no sleep and had definitely reached my limit.
I have said all that to say that now that I am back to Happy Pregnant Person Status. I am ready to have some fun. So, we are going to have a guess the baby's weight contest. We have never done this but we have also never been pregnant this long before!
Here are the facts for you to consider when making your guess:
Colin was born at 39 1/7 weeks and weighed 7lbs 8 oz, I gained 26 pounds.
Connor was born at 38 2/7 weeks and weighed 8lbs 4 oz. I gained 26 pounds.
Sybella was born at 39 weeks and weighed 7lbs 10oz. I gained 27 pounds.
I am currently 39 3/7 weeks and I have gained 28 pounds (so far). Cooper was estimated to be 6lb 4oz at the 36 week Ultrasound. I am scheduled for an induction on Tuesday April 28, 2009.
1. Guesses must be posted before time of birth. (And it could be anytime between Now and Tuesday, April 28.)
2. One guess per person.
3. Guesses may be posted to the Blog OR Facebook.
4. The winner will be the person who comes the closest to Cooper's birth weight, WITHOUT going over (this is like The Price is Right folks).
5. I am the Final Authority on who the winner is--and there will be no appeals.
6. There will be a prize, likely a gift certificate. AND, I reserve the right to not mail it out until Cooper is 3 months old....just in case 4 kids is as crazy as I am imagining.
7. By entering the contest, you are consenting to have your picture posted to this Blog and Facebook, especially if you live local and I can get a picture of you with Cooper.
Let me know if you have any questions and Happy Weight Guessing!