Thursday, April 8, 2010

Miracles

According to dictionary.com, the definition of the word Miracle is:

mir·a·cle [mir-uh-kuhl]
–noun
1.an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
2.such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God.
3.a wonder; marvel.
4.a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality
Pastor Mark Batterson has recently challenged the congregation at National Community Church to take time during the season between Easter and Pentecost (May 23, 2010) to fast and pray for miracles.
I have firmly believed in miracles for as long as I can remember. But I fully acknowledge that we often forget to believe that God is miraculous except when we find ourselves in crisis (personally, professionally, financially, relationally, or by association to someone we care deeply for who is in crisis). Yet, he performs miracles in our lives and circumstances every day whether we acknowledge them or view them as miracles.
I am thrilled to remind myself that big or small, there are many things in my life that exist by divine appointment and intervention and there could or should be a few more. Now, I am not talking about treating God like a genie that grants wishes. I am talking about supplicating the desires of your heart, knowing that God is omnipotent, and then submitting those desires to His perfect will.
I look foorward to sharing this journey with other NCCers (especially my ladies small group) as we seek God for amazing things personally and corporately.

No comments: