Monday, May 12, 2008

A Deal!!

Any of you who know me well- know that I can't pass up a good deal. And, I certainly can't pass up a GREAT deal.

On May 2nd, the PTA at Cunningham Park Elementary had their Family Fun Night and Silent Auction. It's their biggest fundraiser of the year. There were numerous (100+) items up for bidding; everything from resturaunt and grocery store gift certificates to autographed books, baseball & football tickets, craft baskets, salon services, ice cream with a teacher, picnic lunch in the principal's office---literally everything you can imagine.

One thing I did not imagine was a $2000 gift certificate for orthodonic services to the boys' orthodontist----I know, you had no idea that the boys had an orthodontist. They have one. In fact, last month after their consultations he gave me their orthodonic plan and an estimate of the Bad News; you know, the cost. Let's just say, I won't be getting a car this year! :) Sometimes dental insurance covers part of your orthodonic services, ours does not.

So, imagine my glee at the prospect of a $2000 gift certificate to OUR orthodontist with a minimum starting bid of $500!!

I won't keep you in suspense- after 30 minutes "glued" to the bidding table and several attempts to out-bid me, when the auctioneer's bell sounded, I had the winning bid of $625.



How Cool- Thank You to the PTA and to Dr. Garai! The gift certificate will be put to good use and is an awesome blessing to our family.

No comments: