Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Day

I have been meditating on this passage today.

Lamentations 3:22-23
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

Last night I was up again in the middle of the night for almost 3 hours, 2+ hours with Cooper and then 30 minutes trying to get back to sleep. Cooper has not been my best sleeper. He used to wake up 4-5 times at night. By working with him and trying many different things, we again have him consistently waking up only once at night (in the last month). Unfortunately, every time we get him to this point, he gets a cold, a burn (see previous post) or cuts teeth and then we start all over. Sleep training is not easy and in the newest phase, he is fighting and mad; he got stubbornness from both parents.
Last night I was left frustrated and crying myself. I mean, including pregnancy, I have slept thru the night about 15 times in the last 19 months. And there are days when I finally hit the wall (figuratively). Add to that that we have been in the midst of the 2010 DC Blizzard read "locked in the house" and I was miserable. But today God gave me Lamentations 3:22-23 and I was reminded that He is Enough for me and this too shall pass. I had my most productive day in the last month and I felt Great. God is Good and I am glad for mercies beginning afresh each morning.

No comments: