Thursday, July 10, 2008

Meatloaf Muffins


OK- I have been promising the meatloaf muffins recipe to so many people and have not ever gotten around to giving it out...so, I decided it was about time to just post it to the blog.

Credits: this is a recipe that I got from the Rachael Ray website (RR)--I modified the Meatloaf Muffins Recipe to meet my needs but the credit for it's origin belongs to her.
The reason that I love it so much is the short cook time. Meatloaf can take forever to cook and because of the muffin-style preparation, this one doesn't

I have put my substitutions in blue and I left the original RR items in parentheses. If you have questions, let me know. Note: I double the ingredients to make 12 muffins, it works well.
Meatloaf Muffins with Barbecue Sauce
Serves 6

Ingredients:
Vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for pan
1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin (I have also used Pork or Turkey)
1 can Ro-Tel Mild Tomatoes & Green Chilies (1 small yellow onion, 1small green bell pepper, 1/2 cup tomato salsa)
A splash of milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flake Crubs (1 cup plain bread crumbs)
2 tbsp chicken rub (2 tbsp grill seasoning, such as McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning)
1 cup Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy barbecue sauce (1 c. smoky barbecue sauce)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Brush a 6-muffin stoneware [tin] with vegetable oil or EVOO.
3. Put ground beef into a big bowl.
4. Add 2/3 can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Green Chilies [Put onions into a food processor.Cut the bell pepper in half and rip out the seeds and the white stuff and throw it away. Cut the pepper into a few pieces Pulse the food processor to finely chop the onion and bell pepper. Add to the meat bowl.]
5. Whisk the milk into the beaten egg and add to meat.
6. Add corn flake crumbs/breadcrumbs and rub/grill seasoning.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, remaining 1/2 can of Ro-Tel [salsa] and Worcestershire sauce.
8. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix.
9. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
10. Use your hands [a large ice cream scoop] to put the meat into the muffin tin.
11. Wash your hands well after handling the raw meat.
12. Top each "muffin" with a spoonful of reserved sauce.
13. Bake about 15 minutes. ***I bake for 20 minutes because I use muffin-stoneware instead of a muffin tin.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE RECIPE!!! Sharon makes it the best! I love her... ~David